Several Veterans Day events are planned at local American Legions and Veterans of Foreign Wars posts around Harford County. Most will take place 11 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017. Here are some local events and contact information for area Veteran Service Organizations.
Havre de Grace
Saturday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. APG Senior Commander Maj. Gen. Randy Taylor will be the featured speaker for the Veterans Day observance at 501 St. Johns Street in Havre de Grace. The ceremony starts 11 a.m. and is followed by a reception in the Joseph L. Davis American Legion Post 47 hall. For more information, call 410-939-0234.
Saturday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. Members of the Weedon Elliot VFW Post 8126 will attend the 11 a.m. Veterans Day ceremony at Tydings Park in Havre de Grace. For more information, call 410-939-4578.
Saturday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. The Bernard L. Tobin American Legion Post 128 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10028 in Aberdeen will host an 11 a.m. ceremony in Veterans Memorial Park behind the Aberdeen Library. The guest speaker is Lt. Col. Benjamin Bualat from Department of the Army G-3-5-7. For more information, call 410-272-9822.
The American Legion Patrick Dailey-Mark Logsdon Memorial Service Post 17 at 415 Edgewood Road in Edgewood will host a luncheon for veterans and their families, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, call 410-671-7842.
Saturday, Nov. 11 at 3 p.m. The Bel Air American Legion Post will host a small Veterans Day wreath laying ceremony at the Bel Air Memorial Gardens at 809 Rock Spring Road.
Saturday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. The Elkton VFW Post 8175 will host a Veterans Day ceremony at the post located at 208 West High Street in Elkton.
Saturday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. The American Legion Susquehanna Post 135 will host a Veterans Day Ceremony at 300 Cherry Street in Perryville. Social event to follow. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Nov. 10 at 9 a.m. The Maryland State Veterans Commission will host a Veterans Day Parade and Observance near the Washington Monument in the city’s Mt. Vernon neighborhood.
Saturday, Nov. 11 at 6 p.m. The Blind Industries and Services of Maryland will host a Veterans Day Concert in support of disabled veterans at the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront. For more information, visit www.bism.org/veterans.
Other local Veteran Service Organizations
- American Legion Harford Post 39, 500 N. Hickory Avenue, Bel Air, 410-838-2603
- American Legion Post 135, 300 Cherry Street, Perryville, 410-642-2771
- American Legion Slate Ridge Post 182, 2217 Whiteford Road, Whiteford, 410-452-5819
- VFW Post 5337, 3705 Pulaski Highway, Abingdon, 410-676-4456
- Joppatowne Memorial VFW Post 5838, 501 Pulaski Highway, Joppa, 443-402-0332
- VFW Post 6027, 815 Turkey Point Road, North East, 410-287-7817
- VFW Post 6054, Perryman, 206 Spesutie Road, Aberdeen, 410-272-3444
- VFW Post 8185, 520 Susquehanna River Road, Port Deposit, 410-642-9297
- Jarrettsville Manor Memorial VFW Post 8672, 1714 Morse Road, Jarrettsville, 410-692-5414
- VFW Post 10146, 3440 Conowingo Road, Street, 410-457-5461