Calling all aspiring (or professional) artists or graphic designers!
The APG News always begins the new year with a special edition, featuring a unique cover. This year, we are opening the opportunity to design the cover for our 2018 APG Installation Guide to you!
The theme for this year’s installation guide is “APG Next 100: Aberdeen Proving Ground’s support to readiness and modernization” and the cover should embody this. How do you envision APG supporting the wafighter from now until 2118? How will APG’s impact on Soldier readiness endure over the next century?
What’s in it for you?
- Your design, printed more than 5,000 times and featured on the APG News website.
- A sidebar profile about you in the 2018 Installation Guide on newsstands Jan. 11, 2018.
- Submission must in the dimensions of 10.75in wide x 11in high with 0.5in margins. (due to the printing press, the design cannot bleed to edge).
- Submission must be a high-resolution PDF.
- Submission must include one of the following taglines: “The Next 100: Aberdeen Proving Ground’s support to readiness & modernization” or “2018 APG Installation Guide.”
- Submission must be an original work.
- No portion of the design can be copyrighted.
- No logos, names, or taglines of commercial and/or non-profit entities.
- No foul language, nothing graphic or sexual in nature.
- Army photos are public domain a.k.a. free to use!
- We print in full color, so take advantage of it.
- Think about what would get you to pick up a paper off a newsstand.
- Our audience is largely Department of Army Civilians and contractors, aged 30-55.
- Remember, this design will appear on an official U.S. Army publication and should reflect the Army values.
- Submission must be sent to email@example.com
- Submission must be received by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 17, 2017.
- Submission must include the full name of the creator.
- Submission must include a signed release form, allowing U.S. Army full usage rights of the design. Download the APG Graphic Design Release Form here.
The U.S. Army Garrison Aberdeen Proving Ground Public Affairs Office reserves the right rescind this opportunity at any time and is not required to use any design submitted.